Tuesday 7 February 2017

Tattoos :)

Instead of a DIY, I have brought the latest tattoo trends. I have always been obsessed with body art and I have always wanted a tattoo. Before I actually got a real one, I would constantly draw on myself and make fake tattoos! These are some of the most popular tattoos of 2016 according to some tattoo artists.

'Minimalist Tattoos' - Small tattoos with just black ink, mainly put on wrists and arms. Its simple line work, mainly small shapes or messages in elegant scripts. They say that this is a common trend with supermodels and 'trendy' girls. I guess I would fall into this category due to my 'vive libremente' tattoo on my wrist. 

Image result for minimalist tattoos

'Watercolor Tattoos' - Colorful tattoos with little line work which makes the tattoo look painted on. They are said to be on of the most difficult tattoos but when they are done well, it is beautiful. 

Image result for watercolor tattoos

'Finger Tattoos' - Finger tattoos are commonly seen on people who want discreet ink. Small shapes and phrases are used, mainly with black ink. Another common color is red with the 'it girls'.


Image result for finger tattoos

'Stick and Poke Tattoos' - This tattoos are done with one dot at a time with a sewing needle. It has evolved from something you do secretly when your underage to a big trend.

Image result for small stick and poke tattoo

Some interesting facts about tattoos - 

The word 'tattoo' traces back to the Polynesian word tatau which means 'puncture to the skin.'

Between 1961 and 1997, it was illegal to get a tattoo in New York City.

For the Ainu women in Japan, huge tattoos of big lips over their lips was a custom.

Samuel F O'Reilley patented the first tattoo machine in 1891.

Henna's (substitute for tattos) contains PPD, which the FDA has warned, may cause permanent scarring.



9 comments: