Wednesday 10 May 2017

Cayman Finance Student Education and Work Experience Program

This week's blog is about a program that I applied to and was accepted in. My classmates Timothy and Vladimir were also accepted in the program and continue to go to the workshops and meetings as well.

First let me explain what the program is. The program aims to educate the participants on the local financial services industry, build relationships with key stakeholders and provide important pathways to future career opportunities. The program consists of three main components: facilitated workshops, mentor-ships and work experiences.

My friends and I are in the stage where we are completing workshops weekly as well as meeting our mentors weekly. We will begin the internships in summer. After we complete the round of workshops we will have learned all that we need to, in order to prepare us for these jobs.

So, why did I join this program?

Firstly, I enjoy spending a lot of time on extra-curricular activities such as these. I do not like having a lot of time on my hands, so programs like these is an exceptional way of filling my schedule. Not only does this give me something to do, but it allows me to gain experience and knowledge in the finance field. I get to do work experience at the end, which does come with pay. I also get to meet an abundance of important people, which will be great links in the future.

I encourage any student that meets the requirement, to join the program next year.

Below is a photo of some past kids that were apart of the program and the link to their website,

Image result for cayman finance program

http://www.cayman.finance/2016/09/cayman-finance-student-education-work-experience-programme-celebration/

3 comments: