Monday 9 January 2017

DIY Plastic Spoon Lamp

I have found a very unique and beautiful DIY this week; a plastic spoon lamp. I thought this was so creative and that whoever thought of this is quite genius! I love decorating my room with DIY's and I thought this one was super cool and I was so excited to make my my own. This is quite a difficult and time consuming task but the outcome is beautiful. Using the photos below will help ALOT.

What You'll Need -
* Plastic Bottle (Preferably a gallon water bottle)
* Plastic Spoons
* Scissors
* Glue Gun
* Small lamp with cable
* Pliers

Steps -
* Prepare glue gun. (Plug it in so it can heat)
* Cut circular parts of the spoons off of the handles. (The more spoons the better)
* Cut a big hole in the bottom of the plastic bottle.
* Start gluing spoons around the bottom of the bottle and keep adding layers on top until the entire bottle is filled with spoons.
* To cover the neck of the bottle, you are going to make a collar by gluing the spoons ontop of each other connecting into a spiral. (CHECK PHOTO)
* Put the light cable through the bottle and put the neck on top.
* Hang your spoon lamp anywhere!

Below are the photo instructions! :)


Image result for spoon lamp



11 comments: