Wednesday 30 November 2016

DIY Invisible Ink Pen

I am here this week with an invisible ink pen! This is something quite different than what I normally do, but I was sitting in class looking at my surroundings; especially things we use on a daily basis. Computers (unreasonable for me to attempt to make), paper (umm no) and pens. Pens were the only item I could even think of creating. But then I became interested in the ink and began researching some ideas and I came across invisible ink for top secret messages! I thought that this was super cool and I remember something similar in primary school and I was so interested in how it was made and how I could make it. This was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be. It only requires three items which are easy to find at a grocery stores and pharmacies. The ink is invisible unless you heat the paper with a candle or a lighter.

What you will need:
* A fountain pen
* A Syringe
* Lemon Juice

The steps:
* Take plastic ink cartridge out of pen
* Wash the ink out of the cartridge in the sink until its clean
* Take the syringe and fill it with lemon juice
* Release the lemon juice in the ink cartridge
* Screw the plastic ink cartridge (full of lemon juice) back into the fountain pen
* Test it out on paper
* Write whatever you want (it wont be visable)
* Heat under the paper (dont burn it) with a candle or lighter. Any type of fire will work.
* Your message will appear! :)

Image result for diy invisible ink pen

This is the video instructions I followed, posted by IdunnGoddess on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzubo4XiWXk

3 comments: